Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day before day one?!?

The beginning...

Well, here I am... Officially about to begin my new lifestyle of health and fitness. I've been struggling with weight for the last few years and with not eating the right foods. I typically don't feel well, most of the time. I'm weak, over-tired, crabby... Basically an unhealthy person not happy about being unhealthy.

Then, I discovered something amazing... I was surfing YouTube one night (who doesn't) and I came across video after video of people who looked just like me... well... used to look just like me... So you had a before and after picture on the page and a brief story about their progress... The picture on the left was of a generally unhappy looking person with some extra weight... But the picture on the right? Oh, my goodness... Incredible! I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing... People who had never had abs, (myself included), sporting a six pack.. or an eight pack... How was this possible?

It wasn't just one video either... it was page after page after page of people showing the results they had had with their workout program. I HAD to find out what they were doing. Most of the videos linked you to an info page about BeachBody's P90X. I had heard about this workout routine but hadn't really considered it since it looked a little intimidating. I mean, come on, if you see people built like that, you assume they are probably crazy people... (No offense P90X people!)

One video I found really hit home... It was a married couple that had gone through Power 90, which is the pre-P90X workout, and had incredible results. I think I related to them because my wife and I were in a similar situation. We were out of shape, and wanted to be in shape... A common desire in America...

After reading as much as I could, I settled on the Power 90 program and now there is no looking back. I have taken my before photos, (which I will reveal as I go) and taken all of my measurements and did my grocery shopping.

Tomorrow I start my workout program with BeachBody's Power 90 and I hope you all join me on the journey... I'm really excited about what I can accomplish in these next few months... I want to lose weight, gain muscle and get that six pack... Yes, the same ones the crazy people have. (No offense! =)

If I hadn't gotten all of the inspiration from the videos and fellow BeachBody people I don't think I would have taken this journey... Many thanks to them for helping me start...

I hope my progess is inspiration to anyone else that was like me... Tired of being out of shape and unhealthy and not sure what to do to fix it...



Lets get shredded....

No comments:

Post a Comment